<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, February 17, 2004

My Yahoo RSS Reader  

OK, now that we have weblogs, how do we keep up on all this reading? Here's one way.

My Yahoo is Beta testing a new feature that should be a real time saver. You can read the headlines from all your favorite blogs right on your "My Yahoo" page.

It's another take on RSS newsreaders. What I like about My Yahoo is that you get access to all your other favorite information in one place: weather, movie listings, stock market updates, news headlines from major news outlets, and updates from your favorite weblogs.

You'll need to sign up for My Yahoo first. So go do that now and then come back to this page.

Once you have done that, click on the little "add to My Yahoo" button that I've set up on the right side of this page under the heading "Weblog Information." That will automatically add the NEOSA blog headlines to your My Yahoo page.

Remember, this is in Beta. But I've been using it for several days now with no problems.


UPDATE February 22, 2004: Well, you can tell this is still in Beta. My Yahoo is not updating the feed, i.e., the latest entries are not showing up. It seems to be a problem with all Atom format news feeds -- none of the sites with Atom feeds that I am following are updating in My Yahoo since last week. I wrote Yahoo and actually got a very substantive response giving instructions for pinging this site so Yahoo will pick up the updates. I've pinged and I've pinged -- but alas, no change. Anybody have any ideas?

UPDATE March 6, 2004: Still in Beta. Some days it works and some days...well. Yesterday all my Atom feeds in My Yahoo! appeared up to date. Today they are not.




This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Technorati Profile